Donnerstag, 14. Mai 2015

The next pilot ...

After the great experience with the Randolf bust I decided to do another bust. Busts are - for me - a good method to practice color scemes of faces, like the three tone segments of a face, the always difficult to do eyes and structures. Busts are often in the scale of 1/10 or 1/9. So have a lot of space to practise small things. I noticed that these experiences also helped to do better faces in smaller scales. Of course you cann´t do as much details in smaller scales as in bigger scales but you know what would be possible and on what details you will resign. For example I always take care now of the three color zones of a face - also on smaller scales. But I don´t paint eyes on different scales in the same way.




My next project in April was "The Few RAF Pilot" from Life Miniatures with his cute dog on the back. I liked the painting of this bust a lot because there are differnt materials to simulate like leather, metal, linen, etc. Also the dog was a little challange because of its fur. I tried to do it as realisitic as I could. But the biggest challange was thie yellow-black air-tube that is hanging out of his mask. To do this as good as I can I needed a lot of tries. And I still could be better. But for me, at the actual stage of my skills, I´m very happy with the result.

Hope you enjoy!





Sascha

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen