Donnerstag, 14. Mai 2015

How it began...

My name is Sascha and I started miniature painting about one and a half year ago - if you want to call it miniature painting at this early point. I bought some Games Workshop miniatures of the Hobbit Series. Before I haven´t painted any miniatures or stuff like that. And so the first results weren´t not so good. And if I`m honest I painted miniatures for gaming and not for the painting process itself.
In the following time I painted a lot of armies of Warhammer Fantasy and 40k and my painting skill got a little bit better. Here you can see some of these miniatures. I painted them about one year ago.



Then someday I found this little video on YouTube INFAMY Miniatures Video 1 of 4 - Dr. John Watson - TMM & Gore and it changed a lot. Not that I became instantly a good painter or something like that - to be honest I am far from this goal at the moment - but at the first time I saw that somebody painted a miniature in a way I didn´t expected. It seems all so simple and effective that I thougt I could do this as well ... Well this was a mistake too. And after a while I noticed that behind this video stands a whole company that has the following goal: "Help us to help you to be a better painter". Perfect, I thougt. Excactly what I need. And I ordered a three part DVD set that includes different tutorials about miniature painting, freehands and basing (Shop).

After watching the tutorials I can not say that my skills improved as much as I thougt. No wonder you have to paint and operationalize the knowledge you get of the tutorials. I still painted only wargaming miniatures with the aim of playing. It had to work fast. The results got better, but far far away from being good.
The initial point in improving my skills have been the Painting Buddah Academy. At the moment I´m a member - a Bruddah so called - of this academy and I get constantly new painting tutorials of different miniatures. I try to follow the instructions on the same miniatures they paint and I practice a lot. At the moment I paint about 2-3 miniatures and busts a week. That´s a lot and a lot of time.

And that is what this blog is all about. You can watch how my painting skills are at the moment, what new projects I do and what experiences I´ll make. At the beginning I will show you some of my done miniatures and the stories behind the miniatures. It´s not about Painting Buddah itself, but about how a community like Painting Buddah helps a lot for training your skills and become a better painter. I´ll show you a lot of miniatures, color brands and brushs (damaged as well :) and different light sources I have used. Also there will be short reviews of this products. It all shows my point of view. I´m a beginner and not a professional. Hopefully this will show you the products from a different perspective than you get of professional miniature painters ...

Hope you enjoy!

Sascha

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen